Saturday, October 11, 2008

GO ROCKETS!!!

Not many of you know that I am a Toledo Grad - got my Masters there. AND they beat MICH in the Big House today 13-10. No Mid American team has ever beaten them, especially there. Of course they would never go to the Glass Bowl to play.

Goes to show everyone that anything can happen. Rodreguiez has to be beside himself. There a ton of Big Blue people feeling very BLUE tonight. I love it!

So, now that OK got beat . . . who is #1? And for how long? Football is a crazy game, isn't it? And it is coached by crazy people, right?

I picked up some books to read on the planes. Got Pitnio's new book - his previous were very good - called "Rebound Rules, the art of success 2.0" should be a good read. I also got "The Last Lecture" by Rand Pausch, has to be a must read for everyone - Have you all seen the DVD of it? Good to use in your be An 11 Classes or moments.

Finally, I got "The Winners Manual, for the game of life" by OSU's Jim Tressel. Looks really good. He is a 5-time national champion coach (four at Youngstown State). It's a book on building character and integrity.

So, you will probably be seeing posts from these in the future on the blog.

The school I went to do the defense clinic before coming to Ohio . . . won the first half of their game but lost at the end like 19 - 13. They put themselves in position to win but could not sustain the effort.

Beautiful weather here in Ohio, sunny and 75, perfect for football. Watching Ohio State play Purdue right now . . . I think the Buckeyes are letting the Boilmakers stick around too close . . . 13-3 midway in the third.

Another team I met with this week here in Ohio won 21-20 in OT last night. They are now 8-0 on the year with a first year head coach.

Be 11!

RF

No comments: