Tuesday, October 14, 2008

EQualizer Cut Ups

Everyone

With the coaching clinic posts, I am trying to include cut ups from actual game films. The problem is that I am in Ohio and the DVDs are in OR. I will be back to OR at the end of the month and will then have access to all the DVDs which will provide higher quality and variety of video cut ups illustrating points made in the clinic posts.

None of you are emailing me or posting any comments regarding this 'clinic' format so I am shooting blind with things.

One thought I had was to also alternate between defense and offense . . . . or should we just do one or the other .. . . or should we start up a defense only clinic BLOG and keep this and offense only BLOG?

Or should we just drop the whole thing all together as I am wasting my time?

What do you all think?

Be 11!

RF

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Defense or Offense it's all very good stuff Freeb. Many of us might be reading your blog and not leaving comments because the season is really in high gear and it's busy BUT I love the ideas presented and enjoy the blog. I've got a defensive question for you. How would your "handles everything" defense handle a team which runs uses what I call an INDY formation. What I mean by this is a double TE two WR formation with a very good Ace runnning back. They like to run the stretch play using zone blocking and then can also run a lot of four Verticals or max protect with the TE's and throw fades etc. to two very good receivers on the out side. It can be a tough formation to defend. What do you think would be a good defense given tht you think you have superior lineman but perhaps not match up well in the secondary?

Anonymous said...

I think this is great. I am a young coach who is trying to develop a offensive and defensive philosophy. I think that an offensive blog and defensive blog would be better.

CoachFreeb said...

A four man line against double TEs is not a good thing. VS a running situation, we would probably get into a 3-Down B Stack look - the thign that hurt us the most is the back that would be good at the cut-back part of the zone play. So backside DE must be very disciplined.

VS passing situation we would get into a pass defense. Remember, the best pass defense is a good pass rush. And they cannot run 4 verticals AND have the TEs in for pass protection, right?

We really liked to use the 5-under-man schemes in passing situations when we were a bit short on talent in the secondary. This would allow us to collision the receiver at 5 yards which would disrupt the route and give us some time to pressure the QB into making mistakes. The QB then has to pass the ball over the under coverage and under the over converage or sideline and that is difficult for high school QBs to do.

CoachFreeb said...

yes, you are probably right. Two BLOGs would probably be better.

Stating a defensive BLOG will be sometime in the future.

RF