Wednesday, February 8, 2017

Coaching Point

Sorry that I have not been posting here. I have been on my EQualizer Facebook page. I will try & re-post here as well.

So I read 'RED PLATOON' by Clinton Romesha, a Medal of Honor winner, about a battle in Afghanistan. A very good read. In the book he talked about playing platoon-on-platoon football before deployment: Brad Larson proved to be astonishingly fast. In addition, 'Whenever the QB drew back his arm to throw, Larson knew exactly where the ball was heading . . . Just by looking at the QB's eyes & angle of the QB's forearm & with his speed was able to make a beeline for that spot & destroy whoever was the target.'

Advice:

Keep this in mind when coaching your free safety next season.
Interesting what you can pickup when reading a totally unrelated football book. 

No comments: