Wednesday, September 14, 2011

BLOG UpDate KickOff

OK: Here we go with our first post, requiring a respose to make this an interactive BLOG.

When I was faced with coaching a team going up to the state's big school division things were really tough, especially on the LOS. Skilled players basically cancel each other out - my best on your best, etc. The biggest difference is on the LOS where week to week we took a pounding. So I sat down and asked myself, "As a DC, what were the things I did not want to see on the other side of the LOS?" The answer to this question laid the foundation for the EQualizer.

So I ask you, "What are the 5 offensive things you do not want to see their offense run which would make your job most difficult?"

Post or email me your answers and we will kick off the discussion.
CF

2 comments:

Gaul Family said...

1. More blockers than defenders on the side they are running the ball to.

2. A well executed option play

3. A misdirection play with a great dive fake

4. A quick slant to a talented tight end.

5. A strong fullback behind a huge O-line

Coach M said...

1. Motion

2. Option

3. Unbalanced Line

4. Powerful fullback

5. Athletic QB