Thursday, January 1, 2009

New Year Empowerment

Things will be find in 2009!
The following article is by Jerry Clark, big time network marketer. There's a great deal we as coaches can learn from them because, in reality, that's what we are network marketers, right? We have to build a network in order to get the job done. It is just in a different arena.
So here he is offering up tips on empowerment to which I would add one to start off the new year with. One of the things that I would do at this time of year was to sit down and hand write a personal not to every kid coming back on the team next year. I would talk to him about his place and role on the team, how he might fit in, the need every team has for leadership.
This proved to be far more powerful than what I ever thought. You know how your children or grandchilden love to get a letter in the mail? High School athletes are no different - everyone loves to get a hand written note in the mail. This can (along with the other tips Jerry has listed) can pay great dividends for you in '09.
THE CONSCIOUSNESS OF EMPOWERMENT
by Jerry Clark

I just picked up a message from my voicemail from one of my students asking me a question. The question was so fascinating that I thought it deserved a little reflection in answering it; and, I thought it would be good for all of you to hear my answer.Here’s the question, “Jerry, how do I eliminate attrition in my network marketing business?”
Here’s my quick, sarcastic answer to that question: Quit… Ok, since that’s not an option for you, here’s another answer.The best way to eliminate attrition is to stop thinking that you’re going to eliminate it.
Once you stop thinking about eliminating it, you actually spend less time thinking about it altogether. When you start thinking less about it, you actually give it less power. The less power it has in your consciousness, the less power it has in your business. Whoa… Pretty deep eh? (I said eh for all of my Canadian friends)…Ok, let me break it down for you. First of all, attrition is a natural part of life – both personal and professional. People come and people go – in life and in business. Let’s not get caught up with this part of nature… It’s called, as Jim Rohn says, the way it is.

Ok… Now that you realize that you’re not going to completely eliminate attrition, let’s focus on the thing we can eliminate… Any disempowering attitude you may have toward it… One way to make sure you maintain an empowering attitude toward attrition or anything else for that matter is to create a Consciousness of Empowerment… You do this by making sure you consciously choose to engross yourself with positive and empowering material via the friends you have, the audios you listen to, the books you read, the seminars you attend, and the people you model yourself after…
So once again, as you embark into this New Year, be sure to have one of your major focuses in obtaining a Consciousness of Empowerment… If you do, attrition, rejection, disappointment, frustration, and even fear will all be used as a catalyst for your success instead of an excuse for your failure…
Here are some things to reflect on as you enhance your Consciousness of Empowerment:
  • The greatest joy -- Making a Difference
  • The most satisfying act -- Giving The most powerful internal gift -- Allowing Yourself the Ability to Receive
  • Our greatest natural resource -- Laughter The most motivating word -- A Word of Encouragement
  • The most prized “state of mind” -- Peace of mind
  • The most powerful force in the Universe -- Love
  • The world's most Magnificent Computer -- The Brain
  • The two most Self-Perpetuating words of Creation -- “I AM”
  • The most valuable part of any attire -- A SMILE!
  • The most catching emotion -- Enthusiasm
  • The most endangered natural resource -- Gratefulness
  • The most powerful tool of manifestation -- Faith
Reflect on these ideas and make them a part of your life, and notice how your Consciousness of Empowerment develops exponentially… So what have you resolved to manifest in this year?Whatever it is, I’m sure it’s going to require a Consciousness of Empowerment in order to pull it off…
Until next time,Go, Go, Go and make it happen!
Jerry “DRhino” Clark

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow great stuff to think about for the new year. I know one thing I like to do at the end of one year and at the beginning of the next year is to reflect on things that happened in my life. I evaluate my previous year goals to see what was accomplished and decided what my goals are for the new year.

I received the "Winners Manual" for Christmas this year so I plan to follow Coach Tressel's Block O of life model. I think it falls right along with Mr. Clark's Consciousness of Empowerment.