Monday, September 29, 2008

EQ Quote of the Day: 09.30.08

EQ Quote of the Day: 09.30.08

Change is the law of life
and those who look only to the past or present
are certain to miss the future.
John F. Kennedy


Question of the Day?
What might you be missing?



Yes, what might you be missing. Yesterday we got word that Jacquie's 92 year old mother was taken tot he hospital back in Ohio. We scrambled around and got her on a place out of Portland at 5:00 AM today to get back there.

Things look to be stable, and they are running the endless tests that follow such an event.

The point here is, are you missing out on things today with your significant others? You need to plan to get there to see them. Do not put it off. You just never know.

It is something we all will face but are never prepared for.

Yes, what might you be missing out on? There's nothing that you are doing that is more important than your relationships . . . call them, Make plans to get together soon.

RF

Note: Look what came across my desk the following morning after posting the above:

"Do the things that you've always dreamed of doing NOW. Don't postpone them. My dad loved to be in the outdoors, but he was always so busy as a school principal that he didn't give himself that pleasure very often. He was going to do all his fishing and hiking when he retired, but he never lived that long. He died of cancer at 63. It was pretty wrenching to not only see him suffer so badly but also to realize that he had been cheated out of his dream." -- Fred Matheny, 53, writer, former English teacher

To that I say, Amen!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Coach Freeborn:

I agree about the Spread Offense. I was coaching a youth football team (mostly 12 years olds) with a very talented QB and RB, and I tried to run the Spread Offense because I like the concept of creating one on one tackling situations. We turned the ball over 4 times in our 1st game, and I realized that there were too many opportunities for mistakes in the spread. I went back to the I Formation. Note: Even in the I Formation, running the option play proved very difficult at this age. Need to stick to FUNdaMENTAL football. I like the blog. How do I enter a topic in the blog instead of just comment?

Unknown said...

The last comment was written by Coach Arias. Send emails to LArias4u@gmail.com